Monday, April 5, 2010

IndieGoGoal!

Well, it has certainly been one heck of an awesome journey and we've reached the destination! Cerise has surpassed its IndieGoGoal of $5,000!



Not only did we raise the funds we needed, but Marinell, Alain, and myself have met so many big-hearted people, fellow indie filmmakers, and talented actors, which, in all sincerity, is the greatest perk for all the labors of love my crew and I have undergone during this campaign.

I've been listening to this song called "The Chariot" by my favorite band of Aussie independents, The Cat Empire. The chorus goes something like "Our weapons were our instruments/Made from our timber and steel/We never yielded to conformity but stood like kings/In a chariot that's riding on our record wheels." Aside from being an upbeat anthem about making love, not war, it's also a mantra for friendship and the importance of community.

In our case, this "king" riding in this chariot is Cerise. I could never have pulled such an ambitious weight (raising $5K) at such a rapid pace (less than two months) without the Herculean might and ardent belief fueling all of the kind and generous people pulling right alongside me. Together, I'm sure we'll be able to pull Cerise to even further distances, from festival wins to international screenings!

So thank you all for helping make Cerise's IndieGoGo campaign a success, whether it was through a contribution, through constant support and encouragement, or by simply spreading the word about Cerise. And most of all, thank you for making my enthusiasm for this short film your enthusiasm as well.

What's Next for Cerise?
I'm currently casting for the film. So far, we've secured two actors, Stewart Schneck (playing Jack Parsons, Josh's boss), who will also be appearing in The Taming of the Shrew for The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey at Drew University, and Yan Xi (playing C.J. Shuriko, Josh's love interest), whose credits include Brooklyn's Finest, She's Out of My League, and Sundance "Official Selection" Children of Invention. We've got one more set of auditions this week, and hopefully I'll have all four of my principals roles cast. Exciting stuff!

Join the Cerise Movie Fan Page
If you haven't done so already, please be sure to join the Cerise fan page. Everyone will be kept in the loop with all things Cerise via the fan page. We hope to continue to amass a wide audience for the film in the next months during all stages of production. We've also got lots of innovative things planned for our supporters as well, so continue showing your true color by recommending it to your friends and stay tuned!

There's plenty more happening in the next few weeks, from crew meetings to interviews, so I'll keep you informed about what's in my manvelope, including my #FollowFriday list (yes, still in the works!), thoughts on this past weekend's DIY Days, and plenty more!

"See maybe if the world contained more people like these,/Then the news would not be telling me 'bout all that warfare endlessly." ~ The Cat Empire, "The Chariot"

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to c how Cerise turns out. I bet its going to be amazing, with your grit and vision it couldn't be anything but!

    PROPS!

    MJ

    ReplyDelete